Where do your employees turn when they have a question or complaint?
Employees who don’t feel heard often turn to an outside resource for help. Our goal at E|H is to be that resource, fielding your employees’ concerns confidentially and closing the loop with your leadership team.
With the discretion of a third party and the operational know-how to find practical solutions to your employees’ concerns, we can help restore balance within your team.
Complaint handling & investigations
E|H brings decades of experience to the complaint handling and investigation process. Here are our commitments:
- Field the complaint in an open, supportive manner
- Maintain discretion throughout the investigative process
- Thoroughly document every step of the way
- Provide a thoughtful, objective recommendation based on our findings
- Ensure full-circle communication among all investigation participants
- Support any final action with empathy and a sense of urgency
Coaching and counseling
As the saying goes, employees join companies but leave managers. In fact, half of Americans have left a job to get away from a manager in their career.
If you promote managers from within, you likely struggle with inconsistency in your coaching and counseling practices. This either results in high turnover or legal exposure for your business.
Our team can help by:
- Reviewing employee documentation
- Advising on terminations
- Supporting performance coaching or separation conversations
- Training managers on effective coaching and counseling techniques
ADA & reasonable accommodations
In recent years, lawsuits related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) have increased drastically. The ADA prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities in areas of public life, including employment. State and city regulations in many jurisdictions also prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability.
E|H can help you navigate the complex and sensitive task of understanding an employee’s disability and considering possible accommodations. We follow a structured, well-documented cooperative dialogue process, all while leading with empathy.
If you depend on union labor, it can significantly impact your workplace culture, profit margin and overall business strategy.
E|H provides the hands-on experience and know-how to develop your labor relations strategy, support collective bargaining, and ensure compliance with your union contracts. E|H can also help you develop a union avoidance strategy, where threat of unionization exists.
- Collective bargaining and contract negotiations
- Labor policy development
- Grievance procedures and policies
- Compliance oversight
- Management training and guidance
Separations & reductions in force
Whether exiting an unsuccessful employee or down-sizing your team for business reasons, our HR experts are here to help.
- Prepare clear, proactive communications
- Advise on necessary documentation
- Avoid wrongful termination claims
- Assess WARN Act implications
- Support your difficult conversations
- Prepare your leaders to field questions